Sunday 28 February 2016

Jewellery Work Station for under £50

My business is pretty new so while I'm building it, I'm work from home. This would be great for saving money if I had a spare room, but the reality is that I'm fitting it in around my living space. It's gone from a corner, to taking over the place.

My newest venture is metal jewellery. I've gone back to college to learn how to both design and make metal jewellery - everything from casting metal to stone setting. What I didn't fully appreciate was just how much equipment I would need. A fact that I love as my favourite things are tools and gadgets, and one which has meant that I've lost most of my kitchen counter space.

As I'm now officially a student as well as self-employed, forking out thousands of pounds on fancy storage units and workspaces is not an option. So instead, I did what I do best: I improvised. I bought:
  • Kitchen island from Ikea for £35,
  • Kitchen rail and a shelf for around £5,
  • Screws and hooks from pound land for £2
  • 2 x 10cm bolts for £4 to secure my rolling mill



A flat pack, a drill and £11 on extras, and I've got myself a fantastic new place to work. And I love it! It's sturdy, there's plenty of storage underneath and most importantly it's mobile so is easily tucked into a corner when not in use. And I finally have my kitchen space back (well most of it anyway!) :-)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Enchanted Nymph Ltd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig